Only 25% of the energy consumed by a car is converted to propulsion.1 Current transmissions with 7 or fewer speeds contribute to the losses as a result of friction. Continuously variable transmissions are inefficient, do not easily handle high torque, do not offer a wide range of ratios, and rely on rolling traction requiring high contact force.
The inGear surpasses these limiting factors placed on engine design, supplying an inexpensive, lightweight and highly efficient solution.
Combining the inGear with the latest downsized engines creates a remarkably competitive advantage for gas, diesel or hybrid vehicles.
The inGear offers the following advantages to automotive applications:
- shifts under load
- no clutch required
- extremely efficient (up to 99.5%)
- handles very high torque loads
- widest range of gears available
- flexible, inexpensive design
- positive engagement of the belt i.e. continuous torque
- light-weight with ratio steps of 10% and negligible heat production